As an American University student living on campus,
- Fall Room Change: Returning resident requests to change assignments prior to move-in.
- Open Room Change Period: Request to change rooms during the beginning of the fall or spring semester
- Fall to Spring Room Change:
Reisdentswho have a specific open space to request for the spring semester.
- Spring Housing Application: Apply for on-campus housing for the spring
- Returning Room Selection: Apply for on-campus housing for the next academic year.
- Waitlist Selection: The waitlist process is available for returning students who did not secure a housing assignment through RSRS.
- Winter Break Housing: Request on-campus housing during winter break
Spring LateDeparture Request: Request to move out after on-campus housing closes in May
- Housing Cancellation and Termination: Cancel on-campus housing
Disability Accommodations Request
We offer all-gender housing as an option to ensure AU's Residence Life is a supportive space for students of all gender identities ad expressions. All-gender housing allows students to live with other students regardless of sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression.
Gender-Based Consideration Request
Students who need housing considerations because of gender should complete the Gender-Based Housing Consideration Form on the Center for Diversity and Inclusion’s website. Considerations may include access to affirming bathrooms, roommates, and room type.
Participating in Study Abroad
Students in Temporary Triples
We offer students the option de-triple based on deposit paid date; using the student with the earliest date for that room. Spaces
Housing Cancellation and Termination
Students who apply to live on campus may cancel their application